Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"Everyone's Hero" Gag


This is one of the visual gags I come up with Jean Carlee for the movie "Everyone's Hero" at D.K.P. , now STARZ Animation in Toronto.
No matter that most of the story line of this animated movie is not like the comedy type that everyone knows these days will expect like "Emperor's New Groove", " Chicken Little", " Toy Story", " Monster Inc" or " Madagascar" which they are under a certain comic level ...
"Everyone's Hero" is a lot under the story line of one of my favourite movies of all time: " Stand by Me"...This movie is a more serious talking little Kid journey with so many really nice moments, it sure didn't have the casting of good actors like: Wil Wheaton; River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell, and Kiefer Sutherland, or ever the writer of Raynold Gideon, Bruce A. Evans or based for The Novel wrote by the GREATEST "Steven King". But it still looks quite good considering that while this movie was under production at D.K.P, we were bought from 2 different Companies I.D.T and then from what is now STARZ Animation, and we had to go through all the restructuring issues that come with new managment.
So I think considering these points, and considering that this was their first feature Movie EVER, and that the director was changed, after the loss of Christopher Reeve( God bless Him). And that there was no push at all for advertising like all the movies that I mentioned on the top. Well ...when I went to see it at the movie theatre I didn't hear any Kids say they didn't like it, actually the opposite, they really enjoyed it.
So for what matters.... I think I was Blessed to have been working side by side with Dean S. Pierre, and my friends Morgan, Peter Lepeniotis ( if you guys didn't see Surley Squirrel, then you must see- he won 9 awards for that ), Kevin. And all my boys from Gavin, Rahul, Mr. Baba, J. Flag, Naim and lots more. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home